THE BOLIVARIAN REPUBLIC OF VENEZUELA: OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE OF THE MINISTRY FOR POPULAR POWER IN MATTERS OF EXTERNAL RELATIONS:
- The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela rejects categorically the [18.8.2017] pronouncement of a spokesperson for the State Department of the United States of America against the sovereign decisions of the National Constituent Assembly (ANC) of Venezuela; the latter is the legitimate representative of the original constituent power created by the popular will of the Venezuelan people in free and universal elections. In every way, this US administration’s pronouncement represents a new interference in the internal affairs of Venezuela. It violates the purposes and the principles of the United Nations Charter and the norms of international Law.
- Before the whole international community, the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela denounces the campaign of disinformation pouring out of the big centres of [world] media power. These seek to subvert once again the peace and the social stability that the nation recovered in the wake of the democratic elections and the creation of the ANC, after the 100 days of violence and terrorism promoted by the Venezuelan opposition with foreign support.
- The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela repudiates completely the US imperial threat to impose new economic and diplomatic sanctions against the fatherland of Bolivar. These sanctions come on top of the aberrant threat by President Donald Trump, made on 11.8.2017, for a military intervention against our people, our sacred soil and our form of republican and democratic government.
- To the whole world, the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela denounces the framework of systematic and projected US aggressions in clear breach of the principles of peaceful relations, of spirit of dialogue and of political understanding that must prevail between States. The Government of the United States of America is determined to break every model based on mutually respectful relations of dignity, equality and cooperation with Venezuela. Its policy of threats, insults and imperial orders neither correspond nor belong to this historic stage. This threatens the peace and stability of Venezuela and Nuestra America.
- The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela alerts the world of the new excuses that the Government of the United States of America uses to push forward its expansionist plans of military aggression and intervention against our Fatherland. It brandishes like a tool of execution the few conspiring countries of the self-styled Group of Lima. Today, in the 21st Century, the function of that group is to justify the sad history of the Monroe Doctrine whereby the government of the United States of America pretends to be able to re-colonise the independent peoples of the continent.
- The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela sends a call to the international community and to the free peoples of the world; for them to condemn collectively and emphatically the proscribed and irresponsible conduct of the [USA] – this principal producer of global armaments and country with the biggest military expenditure at world level. Legal Right must form the base of the relations between our countries, and not abusive force or any threat of the use of force.
BOLIVARIAN REPUBLIC OF VENEZUELA – OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE OF THE MINISTRY FOR POPULAR POWER IN MATTERS OF EXTERNAL RELATIONS – 18.8.2017
Translated from the Spanish and French by the Posadists Today.
The notes are from the Posadists Today’s Editorial.
Image is of the 545 delegates from the whole country.
Here are the links to the sources documents:
 This National Constituent Assembly of Venezuela was set up on 30.7.2017. It has 545 delegates.
 El Grupo de Lima: This group of 12 was formed in 1983. It includes Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay and Peru. The United States refused to join in, to keep for itself the right to intervene unilaterally in any country of the region. The group met on 19.8.2017 in Peru to denounce the ANC as “a threat to democracy” and Nicolas Maduro as “a dictator”. Subsequently, the governments of Argentina and Brazil, whilst opposed to the ANC and to Maduro, did not support a US coalition for regime change in Venezuela.
 Noam Chomsky says that the Monroe Doctrine amounts to a declaration of US hegemony with the right to intervene in any country of the American continent.